Perks of traveling alone
Here is my top 10 list of perks.
1. You can enjoy getting lost in the streets. You have all the time in the world, can pick which streets to go down and stop to look at things without having to worry if the other person is enjoying themselves or hurrying you along.
2. You can have whatever you want to eat whenever you want. Cake for dinner? yes please.
3. You can take as long (or short) as you want in museums. If you’re the type of person who likes to read every placard under every painting, go right ahead. If you’re the type of person who walks in and out of galleries in under 2 minutes, go right ahead.
4. You don’t have to have the “what do you want to eat?” conversation with someone before every meal. But may have this with yourself.
5. You’re more likely to make more friends. This depends on many things and circumstances but you’re forced to become more open
once you start craving social interaction.
6. You get a whole large bed to yourself. If you’re lucky.
7. You can walk around naked or in your underwear and not have to worry. 110% comfort.
8. You can have a whole dish of dessert to yourself.
9. People might be more inclined to help you. You’re less threatening or people are just nice regardless of whether you’re traveling alone or not.
10. Lots of me time. You get more and more comfortable with yourself.
Any other perks?