As of today in NSW, we are restriction free!
- No caps on numbers at weddings and funerals
- No restrictions on singing anywhere
- No restrictions on dancing anywhere
- No cap on visitors in the home (if there are more than 100 people there must be a COVID-19 safety plan and electronic recording of visitor details)
- 200 people allowed at personal outdoor public gatherings
- All venues to move to 2sqm rule (venues will be allowed at least 25 people before 2sqm rule applies)
- 100 per cent seated capacity at entertainment venues (stadiums, theatres etc)
- Mask use on public transport will move from “mandatory” to “strongly recommended”
Majority of the population are yet to be vaccinated but while I write this, there were 8 new cases recorded. Most of our cases are from those in hotel quarantine after coming from overseas. There is a mandatory 2 week hotel quarantine for all those arriving from overseas (most returning Australians if you can get a flight!) which will cost you $3000 (for one adult and additional charges per accompanying adult and/or children).
We still should be scanning into venues. There are QR codes at most places that will ask you to sign in to assist with contact tracing if required. This has just become the norm now that we don’t even blink an eye. It’s a bit harder for the less tech savvy though so I still think most places have an alternative way to sign in.
It’ll be a change.
I think many people adapted quickly to the physical distancing and mask wearing. At first it was weird but now it’s normal and now we’re going back.
As we head into the Easter break, it will be nice for religious and family gatherings to occur again.
Other Related Posts: